Domains need to be renewed usually once a year before the expiry period to ensure there is no interruption to your website or email.
Manually Renewing Domain(s)
To start the process, please:
- Click on the Manage Domains link in the Registrar menu.
- Place a check mark beside the domain(s) you would like to renew.
- Click the Renew button located above the Status column
(Click to expand)
- The Domain Renewal Confirmation page will then be shown where you can select the number of years to renew the domain(s) for.
- If you have a Coupon Code, please click the link, enter your code and click the Apply button. The total amount to renew the domain(s) is shown which includes the number of years and coupon discount applied.
- Once you have reviewed the cost you can either choose Add Funds or Pay Via Credit Card On File if you have insufficient funds in your account. If there are sufficient funds in your Above.com account, please click the Submit button.
Your will then be taken back to the Manage Domains page and you domain(s) renewed within the next few minutes.
A confirmation email will be sent when your domain(s) have been renewed.
- The Add Funds and Pay Via Credit Card On File buttons will only show if you have insufficient funds in your account to complete the domain renewal.
- The .be extension has a one year renewal limitation.
- Coupons for domain renewals are applied to each year the domain is renewed for.
- Pay Via Credit Card On File option will only show if you have a valid credit card on file.
To save time and ensure that your domain(s) are renewed yearly you can also enable Autorenew on individual or all of your domains.
To enable Autorenew on your domain(s):
- Click on the Manage Domains link in the menu at the top of the page.
- Place a check mark beside the domain(s) you would like to enable/disable Autorenew on.
- Click on the ...More button near the top right of the table.
- Select Auto Renew Options from the list on the left of the window.
- Select one of the options available which are:
- Autorenew Every Year: Your domain(s) will be automatically renewed 7 days before expiry for the minimum period (usually 1 year).
- Autorenew Once Only: Same as "Autorenew Every Year" except once autorenewed the first time, the setting will revert to disabled and renewals will be manual.
- Drop: This will not be renewed and can be used to mark the domain(s) you no longer want.
- Disable: The Autorenew feature will be disabled for the selected domain(s).
Note: The renewal fee will be deducted from your account balance. If your account balance is insufficient, your credit card on file will be charged the difference.
The number of domains expiring within 1, 2 and 3 months and will be shown on the Manage Domains page domain overview.
A weekly report containing a summary of the number of domains expiring per month, domains expired and in redemption and the cost to renew those domains is sent to the account contact email address. Please ensure that your email address is always kept up to date to receive these emails.
Clicking on the number of domains expiring will show the list of domains for that time period. The list can also be exported in CSV format by clicking the export icon.
The number of domains currently expired, in redemption and with invalid / missing DNS can also be viewed and exported by clicking on the relevant link.