The Registrar Settings page allows you to set various account preferences for your Above.com Domain Registrar account. Default settings are applied to registered, transferred and pushed domains.
Note: After updating any options, please click the Update button to save your changes.
You can enter up to 4 nameservers here by clicking the Add More Name Servers link. These will be applied automatically when registering new domains and also can be selected when altering the DNS settings for existing domains.
Important: Only one company's name servers should be used per domain.
TLD Default Contacts
The default contact details for Registrant, Admin, Billing and Technical can be set for domains that are registered, pushed or transferred into your account. Contact details can be updated and new contacts added using the Domain Contact page from the Registrar menu.
Domain Privacy - Autorenew - Domain Lock
The default settings for WHOIS Privacy, Autorenew and Domain Lock can be set here and will be applied to newly registered, transferred and pushed domains. WHOIS privacy protects your identity by displaying Above.com WHOIS privacy contact details in the publicly accessible WHOIS records. Any emails sent to our WHOIS privacy email addresses will be automatically forwarded to the underlying contact email address. Postal mail is not accepted.
Note: Our Whois Domain Privacy service is available on selected domains only. This setting will not take effect on domain TLDs that do not allow privacy.
When Autorenew is enabled, domains will be automatically renewed for an additional term (usually one year). The renewal fee will be deducted from your account balance. If your account balance is insufficient at the time of auto renewal, your credit card on file will be charged the difference.
When enabled, a transfer lock will be set on all newly registered, transferred and pushed domains. The use of this feature is highly recommended as it provides additional security.
ccTLD Default Contacts
Applies to .uk domains only (not .co.uk or org.uk, etc.). You will also need to select or add a contact with a valid postal address located in Great Britain (GB), Guernsey (GG), Jersey (JE) or Isle of Man (IM).
Note: You can add a new contact by clicking the Add New Contact links beside the ccTLD.
.COM.AU and .NET.AU domains can be registered by any Australian business, company, organisation or association or individual.
The COM.AU and .NET.AU domain contact requires the following additional information:
- Business Number Type - This can be either a Trademark or Australian Business Number (ABN)/ Australian Company Number (ACN).
- Business Number - The identification number for the selected Business Number type.
Tip: The Lookup Business Details button on the Add New Contact window can be used after you have entered the additional information to confirm it is correct.
Any U.S. citizen or resident, as well as any business or organization, including federal, state, and local government with a bona fide presence in the United States can register a .US domain name. One of the following three eligibility requirements must be met:
- A natural person (i) who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or
- Any entity or organization that is incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, or any of its possessions or territories, or
- An entity or organization (including federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States.
Linked AutoPilot Accounts
These options link your account with your Above.com Monetization AutoPilot account. When enabled, all newly registered domains are automatically added to the specified Monetization AutoPilot account. Import of stats from your Monetization AutoPilot accounts can also be done from multiple accounts.
Note: More linked accounts can be added by clicking the Add More Accounts link.
Two Step Authentication adds an extra layer of security to your domains and account. Before making important changes to your domains, you will be asked to enter a random code which will be generated from an app on your mobile device. Without the code, domains cannot be unlocked, transferred, deleted, pushed or name servers changed, meaning your domains remain secure.