API Queries - Domain Client Lock/Unlock
Client locking and unlocking domains is achived using two different functions: lock and unlock. There are several higher levels of locks for domains that cannot be controlled using these functions. You will not be able to unlock a domain if it has been locked at the registrar or registry. Note that some TLDs do not support the client lock function. Additional parameters are required for this function.
- domain - Domain name to lock or unlock. Note: http://www. should not be included.
Your API key is required and all values should be correctly URL encoded.
In the below example, we will lock the domain "custard.com" (domain=custard.com).
You cannot unlock a domain that has been registrar, registry or 60 day locked. In this example, we will attempt unlock "handbags.com" (domain=handbags.com).
Possible error responses for this function are:
- 509 - Specified domain is not in your account
- 510 - Domain not specified or invalid domain
- 512 - Domain extension must be specified
- 1201 - Domain already locked
- 1202 - Domain already unlocked
- 1203 - Domain is locked by registrar
- 1204 - Domain is locked by registry
- 1205 - Lock not supported for TLD
- 1206 - Cannot unlock domain within 60 days of transfer in
- General errors, such as 401 - Invalid API key or 500 - System unavailable.