API Queries - Register Domain
The register API function registers a new domain. It is recommended you use the Check Pricing function to check the domain cost and the Check Balance function to ensure your account balance is adequate before registering a new domain. The funds will be deducted from your account balance or an error will be returned if you do not have sufficient funds. Additional parameters are required for this function.
- domain - Complete domain name to register including the extention. Note: http://www. should not be included.
Your API key is required and all values should be correctly URL encoded.
In the below example, we will register the domain "shoes.com" (domain=shoes.com). There are various errors that could be returned and need to be handled by your custom application such as insufficient funds, domain already exists or invalid domain.
Note: Upon successful registration of a domain, our API returns code 100 to indicate success and the current domain details, similar to using the Manage Domains function.
Example 2 - Unsupported domain extension
In this example we will attempt to register a .com.au domain which is not supported by Above.com Registrar. We will use domain "clothes.com.au" (domain=clothes.com.au).
Possible error responses for this function are:
- 508 - Insufficient balance
- 510 - Domain not specified or invalid domain
- 512 - Domain extension must be specified
- 513 - Multiple domains not supported
- 532 - Multiple connections to API not allowed
- 601 - Registration failed - domain already registered
- 602 - Registration failed - internal error
- 604 - Domain already queued to be registered
- 605 - TLD not supported by Above.com
- 606 - No TLD default contact set
- 607 - Invalid details in domain contact
- General errors, such as 401 - Invalid API key or 500 - System unavailable.