Many domain investors are familiar with the importance of taking action in favorable conditions. This is because receiving top dollar for a domain name relies partially on timing.
To help Above users who are buying and selling domains, we have pulled together a list of popular category trends that we have seen across the domain industry as a whole as well as on our own platform.
- Sports Betting / Gambling – With the recent changes in US sports betting laws, this is easily the hottest niche for registrations and sales. In fact, keywords in this niche took 6 of the top 10 spots in Verisign’s Top 10 Trending Keyword list for .COM domains last month.
- Crypto – Domains in the crypto space have been hot for months now and are still going strong.
- Travel – Summer is here, which means it’s the perfect time of year to register and sell travel domains.
- Marijuana – Similar to sports betting, frequent changes in US state-to-state laws have kept domains in this niche highly relevant. In fact, it was the only non-crypto keyword to round out 2017’s Q4 Top-10 list for .COM domains.
- Shopping/eCommerce – This last niche should be no surprise. Shopping and eCommerce domains are popular and can sell or generate traffic year-round.
If you need help selling your domains, email our domain brokerage team. They can negotiate on your behalf and settle on a price you will be happy with.
Remember, Above is offering .COM registrations and transfers for just $8.43!
• Promo code: ComJune2018 (ends July 1, 2018).